It's my happening and it freaks me out!

You know you want to look. You can't help it.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Another Lomo



I thought I'd post another Lomograph, this time of Milwaukee Avenue, at Damen and North. The trendy triangle, as I like to call it. This one's a multiple exposure that I'm particularly proud of.

I used to live a couple blocks south of that intersecton about 5 1/2 years ago, but with gentrification came rising rent costs, so we moved west to Humboldt Park. Alas, the same gentrification process appears to be happening here. I keep hoping the bottom will drop out of the housing market soon, just so we (and others like us) don't get priced out of the neighborhood yet again. It feels like an invasion, one where all character and personality is whitewashed from the streets and then replaced by The Gap and a couple dozen "sports bars".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home